JKM Training, Inc. is proud to present the 2022 Instructor Recertification training course! This is a two-day training experience where certified SCM Instructors will review the SCM curriculum to clarify content and sharpen teaching & performance skills.
This year’s Instructor Recertification will focus on the revisions and additions that have been made to the SCM Curriculum. The goal of these changes is to give Instructors a more streamlined training curriculum that is learner-friendly and more efficient to deliver to participants. The SCM staff training slideshows have been modernized and updated to reflect the curriculum revisions. The 2022 Instructor Recertification training will include a detailed look at the SCM Staff Certification Training slideshow and how to present it to staff. As part of this year’s recertification, all participants will be given a New SCM Instructor’s Manual Insert to replace their existing manual.
The program will conclude with a troubleshooting session, theory testing and emergency safety physical intervention assessment to verify required competencies. SCM instructors are required to attend an SCM Instructor Recertification on an annual basis. This requirement is consistent with standards of the professional community, as well as, regulatory guidelines set by governing authorities.
The 2022 Instructor Recertification course is an upgrade of SCM you cannot afford to miss! Sign up today!
Public Seminar Training Hours: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Public Seminars: $435/person – Register 3 or more and save! Only $405/person. To register for a public seminar, please click here and find a location near you.
Onsite Training: For a free price quote to bring this program directly to your organization/school – please click here and fill out your information.
Covid 19 Information
We are requesting if an SCM Instructor participated in a Virtual ESPI Skill Out training in 2021, they attend an in-person ESPI Skill Out training in 2022 to verify their skills with a JKM Instructor. If you are experiencing extenuating circumstances preventing you from attending an in-person training session, simply contact our office.
Based on CDC guidelines, we are taking the following precautions:
- Mask wearing remains strongly encouraged, but not mandatory, unless required by state, local or training facility authority.
- Participants have the option to perform emergency safety physical interventions without the use of a partner.
- Frequent breaks will be provided for hand sanitation.
- Please note: due to the fluidity of the COVID-19 pandemic, these precautions may be adjusted prior to your attendance
Any SCM Instructor who missed their 2021 Recertification due to COVID issues and would like to recertify, please contact the office as soon as possible for assistance.
Questions on your SCM Instructor Status?
- Certification is valid for a 12-month period from the date of your last certification/recertification training program
- JKM Training, Inc. provides a 2-month grace period due to scheduling conflicts (If you have additional Covid related scheduling issues, simply contact our office)
- At the end of 14 months, instructor certification will expire unless…
- Take the online SCM Booster Course for Instructors prior to the end of the 14 months. This course will extend your certification an additional 60 days during which you will need to attend a SCM Instructor Recertification course. If you need to take the SCM Booster Course for Instructors, simply contact us and we will get you set up.
- Injuries, pregnancy, medical and other – please contact us to set up taking the Online SCM Instructor Recertification (theory only). Upon completion, you will maintain your certification for SCM Theory. However, you will not be permitted to teach SCM ESPIs until you are physically able to attend an SCM ESPI skill out with a JKM Instructor (either online or in-person).
- Extenuating circumstance (military duty, other) which prevents you from taking attending your SCM Instructor Recertification in-person or online – please contact us.
- If instructor certification expires, you will be required to attend the initial 5-day Instructor Certification program again.
- In all cases, instructors must attend the calendar year’s SCM Instructor Recertification Program in which you are due (2018 Edition, 2019 Edition, etc.)
- Transferring your Instructor Certification to another place of employment? Please contact us.
- Any questions, please contact us.