The 2018 recert will provide certified trainers with an outstanding two-day refresher experience. This year’s recert will include SCM updates, new training activities and information on “Implicit Bias”, “Self-Image Threats”, an evidenced-based process to assist organizations in reducing seclusion & restraint and after-incidents procedures.
As always, trainers will be tested on SCM curriculum and Emergency Safety Physical Interventions. This will validate their competency in the SCM curriculum. SCM instructors are required to attend an SCM Instructor Recertification on an annual basis. This requirement is consistent with standards of the professional community, as well as, regulatory guidelines set by governing authorities.
Don’t wait…. call & register with us today!
- Instructor Trivia Game
- Trivia Games for Staff Trainings
- New Information & Updates
- Implicit Bias & Self-Image Threats
- Reducing Seclusion & Restraints
- After Incident Procedures
- ESPI Skill Scenarios Development & Demonstrations
- ESPI Practice & Review
- SCM Theory & ESPI Assessment
- Instructor Troubleshooting
Public Seminar Training Hours:
- 8:30am – 4:00pm
- $379/person – Register 3 or more and save! Only $349/person
- To register for a public seminar, please click here and find a location near you.
- For a free price quote to bring this program directly to your organization/school – please click here and fill out your information.
Questions on your SCM Instructor Status?
- Certification is valid for a 12-month period from the date of your last certification/recertification training program
- JKM Training, Inc. provides a 2-month grace period due to scheduling conflicts
- At the end of 14 months, instructor certification will expire unless…
- Take the online “SCM Booster course for Instructors” prior to the end of the 14 months. This course will extend your certification an additional 60 days during which you will need to attend a SCM Instructor Recertification course.
- Injuries, pregnancy, medical and other – please contact our office to set up taking the “Online Instructor Recertification (theory only)”. Upon completion, you will maintain your certification for SCM theory. However, you will not be permitted to teach SCM ESPIs until you are physically able to attend an SCM skill out with a JKM Instructor.
- Extenuating circumstance (Military duty, other) which prevents you from taking the “Online Instructor Recertification (theory only)” course/attending SCM course in person – please call our office.
- If instructor certification expires, you will be required to attend the initial 5-day Instructor Certification program again.
- In all cases, instructors must attend the calendar year’s SCM Instructor Recertification Program in which you are due (2017 Edition, 2018 Edition, etc.)
- Any questions, please contact the JKM Training, Inc. office.
- Transferring your Instructor Certification to another place of employment? Please contact the JKM Training, Inc. office.